Marin History Museum
1125 B Street (aka Boyd Gate House)
San Rafael, CA 94901
Celebrating Marin since 1935!
The Marin History Museum’s mission is to celebrate the traditions, innovation and creativity of the people of Marin County, California. Through exhibitions and education programs built around the expertise of noted historians and an unparalleled collection, the Museum inspires honor for the past, and understanding of the present and an imagination of the future.
In its 80 years, the Marin History Museum has amassed a collection of some 25,000 artifacts, 200,000 historic photographs and volumes of county scholarship, oral history and only-in-Marin curiosities. The Museum’s collection is central to its many public programs including exhibits, lectures, walks and classroom activities. The collection is also a critical resource to historians, students and other researchers.
The Museum’s efforts extend beyond its own collection, helping to preserve numerous places, structures and artifacts central to Marin history and documenting important people, places, events and institutions in its publications.
How to Get Involved:
- Visit our current Exhibit, research library, and store featuring unique local books at the Boyd Gate House Wednesday - Frida 10:00am - 2:00pm and Saturday 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Attend our monthly Speaker Events via Zoom, and eventually in-person again at the Elks Club www.marinhistory.org/events
- Join the Museum to enjoy benefits including special publications, free event admission, store discounts, and reciprocal benefits at other museums www.marinhistory.org/join
- Donate to support our collection, ongoing operations, exhibits, and events at www.marinhistory.org/donate
- Volunteer! Become be part of history! Our generous community members help with the myriad things it takes to run a museum and its programs. The Museum has ongoing needs for research, writing, curatorial assistance, educational outreach, graphic design and computer support. If you would like to explore volunteering at the Marin History Museum contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of Operation: Open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:00am - 2:00pm and Saturday 11:00am - 3:00pm