Farmers Market at Marin Civic Center (Every Thursday)
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2020
The Thursday Marin Farmers Market is known as the local chef’s market welcoming premier chefs from around the Bay Area seeking out the freshest ingredients of the season. Centrally located at the Civic Center in San Rafael, the Thursday farmers market offers a mid-week shopping opportunity.
The Marin farmers market is open every Thursday, year-round, rain or shine, from 8:00am to 1:00pm.
During the Stay at Home order, AIM’s markets are no longer the community gathering spaces we have built in the past, but are focused exclusively on critical food and nutrition services in accordance with public health guidelines. Markets are modified to serve essential needs and conform to new public health guidelines.
- Only farmers, ranchers, fishers, food makers, and essential household producers are participating at markets currently.
- All market booths are spaced further apart, and producers may have new temporary locations to maximize space.
- No music, entertainment, or kids activities are allowed.
- No tables and chairs are provided on-site to keep everyone in transit, and all prepared food is served to go.
Market Safety and Hygiene:
- Handwashing and hand sanitizing stations are located through the market.
- All sampling is suspended.
- Shoppers may not touch produce or other products prior to purchase. Farmers or producers will hand shoppers product, or drop it into your shopping bag.
- If a producer accepts credit card, please pay with this option. For cash transactions, please try to pay with exact change. If change is needed, please exchange currency on the table or counter.
- To protect others, stay home if you are sick. If you are sick and in public, please wear a facemask when you are around others.
Maintaining Safe Distance:
- Producers and shoppers are directed to maintain 6 foot distancing at all times.
- Note: We recommend only 1 person per household attend the market; however, families and immediate household members shopping together can be closer than 6 feet. Parents should keep children closer than 6 feet.
- Please limit your visit to no more than 30 minutes.
- If at any time AIM Managers believe the market has too many shoppers on site to maintain social distancing, market entry and exit will be limited and tracked.
The Thursday Marin Farmers Market features 100 local farmers, specialty food purveyors, and a handful of artisans selling:
- Locally grown and organic produce
- Local seafood
- Grass fed meats
- Pastured eggs
- Milk and cheese
- Nuts and nut butters
- Rice and grains
- Breads and baked goods
- Plants and fresh-cut flowers
- Pre-packed and hot foods
- Artisanal crafts and jewelry
- Soap and personal care items
Additional Location or Other Information
Marin Civic Center is located at 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA 94903. The farmers market on Thursday in Marin offers an abundance of free parking.