105 Seminary Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
The Seminary was founded in 1871 in San Francisco as Presbyterian City College. In 1870 the College received a gift of a 14-acre hilltop in San Anselmo. Money to build the campus was also donated, and on September 21, 1892 the San Anselmo campus was opened. The Seminary is within walking distance of downtown San Anselmo and consists of numerous historical buildings, chapels, Victorian homes, and includes the “castles on the hill”, one which is patterned after the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi. San Francisco Theological Seminary is located just 15 miles north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Situated on 14 beautiful acres with views overlooking the Ross Valley and Mt. Tamalpais, many agree that it is a lovely, convenient place for weddings, receptions, concerts, conferences and retreats.
While the seminary does not offer guided tours, they do provide self-guided walking tour pamphlets at the library located in Geneva Hall at the top of Seminary Road. Address: 109 Seminary Road, San Anselmo, CA. Please visit the library website for hours and more information.