Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Instagram LinkedIn Blog
Home > Resources > Films & Permits > Filming in Marin County Parks, and Unincorporated Areas

Filming in Marin County Parks, and Unincorporated Areas

Permitting in Unincorporated Areas of Marin

1. Filming in Marin Municipal Water District
For all inquiries contact:
Laurie Offenbach, Film Permit Coordinator
Marin Municipal Water District
Phone: 415-945-1180
Email: loffenbach@marinwater.org
Land Use Regulations Permit allowed during daylight hours only

2. Filming in Marin County Parks - includes Upton Beach (north of Stinson Beach)
For all inquiries contact:
Jen Fujimoto/Office Assistant ll
Marin County Parks
3501 Civic Center Drive, Suite 260
San Rafael, CA 94903
Phone: 415-473-7608
Fax: 415-473-7192
Must permit a minimum of 10 business days in advance/10 hour day maximum

3. Filming in Marin Open Space Preserves
For all inquiries contact:
Supervising Ranger Ian McLorg

Chief Ranger Craig Solin
Marin County Parks and Open Space
Phone: 415-473-2055
Email: csolin@marincounty.org
Must permit a minimum of 7 working days in advance/10 hour day maximum

4. Filming on County Roads, Highways and Unincorporated Areas of Marin County
Marin County Department of Public Works
Land Development Division
3501 Civic Center Drive, Room 304
San Rafael, CA 94913
Phone: (415) 473-6530
Fax: (415) 473-3799
Email: dpwlanddevengineer@marincounty.org
Must permit a minimum of 5 working days in advance

Review of Film Permit Regulations for Marin County

For Marin County Public Works, Land Development website:
Marin County Land Use Permits

A Film and Encroachment Permit must be obtained from DPW for filming on all Marin County maintained roads. Film permit applications must be submitted a minimum of three days in advance of requested dates of filming. The filming fee is $550 per day plus a one-time encroachment fee of $193. The permit needs to be kept at the site.

Once the application and paperwork have been approved through the county, coordination of the actual filming on roads or highways should be made by first contacting:
For California Highway Patrol support, contact the CHP Film Media Relations Officer at the CFC:
California Highway Patrol Liaison
Officer Kristi Cardoza
Phone: 323.860.2960 x 103
Cell: 213-703-2070
Email: kristi.cardoza@film.ca.gov

Local Marin CHP Contact:
Officer Robert Winnie
California Highway Patrol - Corte Madera
Phone: 415-924-1100 x 241
Email: rwinnie@chp.ca.gov

5. Filming on the Golden Gate Bridge
For all inquiries contact:
Priya Clemens, Public Affairs Director: 415-317-2222

Email1: pclemens@goldengate.org
Email2: filming@goldengate.org, 30-day advance request required
Film/ Photo Permit Information: http://goldengate.org/permits/filming_photography.php

6. Filming at the Marin Civic Center/Frank Lloyd Wright Designed Building
For all (film/photo) interior building inquiries contact:
Tammy Taylor, Marin County Community Development Agency
Phone: 415-473-7873
Email: ttaylor@marincounty.org

For all (film/photo) exterior building inquiries contact:
Land Development Department
Marin Civic Center
Phone: 415-473-3755 (Monday through Thursday)

7. Filming at the Marin Center Exhibit Hall, Showcase Theater, and Fairgrounds
For all (film/photo) interior and exterior inquiries contact:
Libby Garrison, Media and Marketing Manager
Department of Cultural and Visitor Services
10 Avenue of the Flags
San Rafael, CA 94903
Phone: 415-473-6014

View running video of Conzelman Road in the Golden Gate Recreation Area (GGNRA)

Back to
Tickets & Deals