Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019
Starting May 4 through July 27 The Martin Griffin Preserve is open to the public every Saturday! Bring your family and friends! Learn about the wonders of nature and hike through redwoods, mixed evergreen forests, coastal scrub, and enjoy sweeping vistas of the Bolinas Lagoon and Pacific Coast. During the Saturday hikes you will: hike 8+ miles of trails, learn from nature guides, view abundant plants & wildlife, visit newt ponds, discover natural wonders in our Curiosity Room, and picnic under redwoods!
Join us on May 18th for guided hikes celebrating the many ferns and flowers we find along Martin Griffin Preserve trails. Nature Guides Mae and Karen will be leading guided hikes with materials at 11am and 2pm. Try out our fern and flower scavenger hunt, have a look at sporangia underneath the microscope, and more!
As every Saturday, we’ll have ample opportunity for nature exploration! Join our volunteer Nature Guides and grab a pair of binoculars or peer in the scopes to watch osprey dive for fish and eagles disrupt the waterbirds over the Bolinas Lagoon. Grab a net and scoop a newt at our freshwater ponds. Come out to our kids’ tables to do activities related to the sights, sounds, and smells of May at Martin Griffin Preserve! No reservation necessary -- please join us!
- May 4th: Spring Opening Day, Hikes with David Herlocker
- May 11th: Banana Slug Hike
- May 18th: Ferns & Flowers
- May 25th: Pond Day
- June 1: Magnificent Save: The Story of Martin Griffin Preserve
- June 8: Conifers of the Canyon
- June 15: Mountain Lion Day
- June 22: Dragonflies and Damselflies
- June 29: Forest Bathing and Nature Mindfulness with certified Forest Bathing instructor Joey (Iris) Heusler
- July 6: TBA
- July 13: Nature Journaling Day
- July 20: “It’s My Fault!” Earthquakes and the San Andreas
- July 27: Summer Celebration at MGP! (Closing Day)
Additional Location or Other Information
Martin Griffin Preserve is located at 4900 Shoreline Highway 1, Stinson Beach, CA 94970.