Date: Saturday, June 8, 2019
Starting May 4 through July 27 The Martin Griffin Preserve is open to the public every Saturday! Bring your family and friends! Learn about the wonders of nature and hike through redwoods, mixed evergreen forests, coastal scrub, and enjoy sweeping vistas of the Bolinas Lagoon and Pacific Coast. During the Saturday hikes you will: hike 8+ miles of trails, learn from nature guides, view abundant plants & wildlife, visit newt ponds, discover natural wonders in our Curiosity Room, and picnic under redwoods!
Conifers of the Canyon: What’s a conifer, and why is it here? On June 8th, come hear our volunteer Nature Guides tell stories about trees, find out who lives in the trees, and then spread out your picnic blanket and have a picnic under the trees! They’ll have guided hikes at 11am and 2pm. We’ll have kids’ activities, special interpretive materials, and more.
- May 4th: Spring Opening Day, Hikes with David Herlocker
- May 11th: Banana Slug Hike
- May 18th: Ferns & Flowers
- May 25th: Pond Day
- June 1: Magnificent Save: The Story of Martin Griffin Preserve
- June 8: Conifers of the Canyon
- June 15: Mountain Lion Day
- June 22: Dragonflies and Damselflies
- June 29: Forest Bathing and Nature Mindfulness with certified Forest Bathing instructor Joey (Iris) Heusler
- July 6: TBA
- July 13: Nature Journaling Day
- July 20: “It’s My Fault!” Earthquakes and the San Andreas
- July 27: Summer Celebration at MGP! (Closing Day)
Additional Location or Other Information
Martin Griffin Preserve is located at 4900 Shoreline Highway 1, Stinson Beach, CA 94970.