Date: Saturday, July 20, 2019
Starting May 4 through July 27 The Martin Griffin Preserve is open to the public every Saturday! Bring your family and friends! Learn about the wonders of nature and hike through redwoods, mixed evergreen forests, coastal scrub, and enjoy sweeping vistas of the Bolinas Lagoon and Pacific Coast. During the Saturday hikes you will: hike 8+ miles of trails, learn from nature guides, view abundant plants & wildlife, visit newt ponds, discover natural wonders in our Curiosity Room, and picnic under redwoods!
“It’s My Fault!” Earthquakes and the San Andreas: Join volunteer Nature Guide Marty on July 20th as we discover the faultline that has defined the San Francisco Bay Area, learn about its movements, the tectonic plates, and more… and have a look at the lagoon through scopes and binoculars, through which the San Andreas runs! Guided hikes/talks at 11am and 2pm, and activities around earthquakes and geology throughout the day.
- May 4th: Spring Opening Day, Hikes with David Herlocker
- May 11th: Banana Slug Hike
- May 18th: Ferns & Flowers
- May 25th: Pond Day
- June 1: Magnificent Save: The Story of Martin Griffin Preserve
- June 8: Conifers of the Canyon
- June 15: Mountain Lion Day
- June 22: Dragonflies and Damselflies
- June 29: Forest Bathing and Nature Mindfulness with certified Forest Bathing instructor Joey (Iris) Heusler
- July 6: TBA
- July 13: Nature Journaling Day
- July 20: “It’s My Fault!” Earthquakes and the San Andreas
- July 27: Summer Celebration at MGP! (Closing Day)
Additional Location or Other Information
Martin Griffin Preserve is located at 4900 Shoreline Highway 1, Stinson Beach, CA 94970.