Date: Friday, November 24, 2017
Time: Evening and Matinee Showtimes
Enchantment abounds as Marin Theatre Company's 2017/2018 season continues with the Bay Area Premiere of Marc Norman, Tom Stoppard & Lee Hall’s effervescent romance, Shakespeare in Love. In the Elizabethan era, when women are forbidden to become actors, what’s a stage-struck lady to do? Lady Viola de Lesseps adores plays, especially those by a young writer named Will Shakespeare, but can only look on longingly as men and boys perform them. Will, meanwhile, has his own struggles: his inspiration fled, his debts and unwritten commissions piling up…until he meets an unknown young player named Thomas Kent, who speaks his words as he’s always dreamed they’d be spoken, and a beautiful woman named Viola, who could be just the muse he needs. Under the direction of MTC artistic director Jasson Minadakis, this stage adaptation of the beloved film finds its true essence: a love letter to the power of theatre and the imagination.
Showtimes: Performances run November 24-December 17
Evenings: Tuesday-Sunday, 7:30pm
- Sunday (Preview) Nov 28, 4pm
- Thursday (Perspectives) Dec 7, 1pm
- Saturday, Dec 2 & 16, 2pm
- Sunday Dec 3, 10 &17, 2pm
- Previews (Novemer 24-26): Center and Side Seating $37
- Opening Night (November 28): Center Seating $60, Side Seating $55
- Saturday Evening: Center Seating 60, Side Seating $55
- Tuesday*, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday Evenings: Center Seating $49, Side Seating $44
- Matinees: Center Seating $49, Side Seating $44
- Best Deal (all shows, limited availability): Side Seating Only $25
* Excludes Opening Night. Prices subject to change. Phone orders subject to a $10 per order fee; online orders subject to a $3 per order fee. Disabled seating is currently only available through the MTC Box Office (415.388.5208 or in person). We apologize for any inconvenience.
Discounts and special rates available only by calling or visiting the Box Office in person: (415) 388-5208. Promo Codes distributed for online redemption subject to availability. Only ONE (1) Promo Code will be valid per order. Promo Codes do not apply to Best Deal ($25) tickets.
Marin Theatre Company is located at 397 Miller Avenue, Mill Valley, 94941. Please arrive at the theater early enough to give yourself ample time to find parking. Parking lots are conveniently located adjacent to the theater, but DO NOT park in front of an open business, especially in the Eggers Plaza parking lot behind the theater, as your car may be towed. Parking along creek in the Eggers Plaza parking lot is allowed. If these lots are full, free street parking is available on Miller Avenue and on the neighborhood streets around the theater. We recommend that you arrive at the theater at least a half hour prior to curtain. Please be aware: Cars parked in front of open businesses may be towed.