Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Join us for Marin Theatre Company's production of PEERLESS on OPENING NIGHT! Fresh off a critically acclaimed World Premier production at Yale Repertory in the 15-16 season, Marin Theatre Company is excited to bring this sinister twist on the Scottish Play to the West Coast under the direction of Margot Bordelon, who also directed the play's world premier.
Twin sisters "M" and "L" care about two things in this world: academic ambition, and each other. But when M's supposed shoo-in slot at a prestigious university is given to someone else, the sisters begin to strategize how to secure their success by any means necessary. Taking a page from a certain Scottish tragedy, the sisters' sinister scheming leads to bloody extracurricular activities that could take them to the top. Jiehae Park's dark comedy-riff on Shakespeare's Macbeth is a savage satire on academia, teenagers and race, and made The Kilroys' 2015 List of the best new plays by female playwrights.
Other showtimes include March 9-April 2:
Evenings: Tuesday-Sunday 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 12 (Preview), 4:00pm
- Thursday, March 23 (Perspectives), 1:00pm
- Saturday, March 1 & Saturday, April 1, 2:00pm
- Sunday, March 19 & 26 and Sunday, April 2, 2:00pm
Ticket Prices: Prices subject to change. Phone orders subject to a $10 per order fee; online orders subject to a $3 per order fee. Disabled seating is currently only available through the MTC Box Office (415-388-5208 or in person).
- Previews (March 9-12) $37
- Opening Night (March 14) $55-$60
- Saturday Evening $55-$60
- Tuesday*, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday,Sunday Evenings $44-$49 (*excludes opening night, March 14)
- Matinees $44-$49
- Best Deal (all shows, limited availability) $25
Discounts: Discounts and special rates available only by calling or visting the Box Office in person, 415-388-5208. Only one promo code will be valid per order. Promo codes do not apply to Best Deal Tickerts ($25).
- Groups: Bring 8 or more people to receive a $7 discount on tickets.
- Seniors ($65 +): $4 off any performance
- Military: $6 off all performances
- Under 30: $22 all performances
- Educator: $12 all performances (limit 2). Must teach at a Marin County School.
- Teens: $10 all performances
Box Office Hours are Tuesday-Sunday 2:00pm-5:00pm.
Marin Theatre Company is located at 397 Miller Avenue, Mill Valley, 94941. Please arrive at the theater early enough to give yourself ample time to find parking. Parking lots are conveniently located adjacent to the theater, but DO NOT park in front of an open business, especially in the Eggers Plaza parking lot behind the theater, as your car may be towed. Parking along creek in the Eggers Plaza parking lot is allowed. If these lots are full, free street parking is available on Miller Avenue and on the neighborhood streets around the theater. We recommend that you arrive at the theater at least a half hour prior to curtain. Please be aware: Cars parked in front of open businesses may be towed.